October 13, 2015
Melbourne, Australia – Global nonprofit Playground Ideas has equipped more than 950 schools and communities in impoverished places around the world to build stimulating play spaces with only local materials, giving over 450,000 children access to play. On October 12th, Playground Ideas released a pathbreaking report called “The Case for Play.”
- Ensure every child under the age of 12 has substantial daily access to a stimulating, safe space for play;
- Emphasize the importance of early play opportunities from 0-3; and
- Prioritize play as a basic right for children in crisis.
Follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and join the movement: #caseforplay
Help us spread the word via social media. Here are some sample tweets:
1) New report from @playgroundideas shows early play = 42% raise in earnings. #caseforplay http://goo.gl/mdythn
2) @playgroundideas report just out shows play to be a powerful, cost effective poverty reduction tool. #caseforplay http://goo.gl/mdythn
About Playground Ideas: Playground Ideas is an Australian non-profit organisation that equips anyone, anywhere to build a stimulating space for play using only local materials, tools, and labor.
Communications & Program Development Manager