Playground Ideas, and our Global Play Alliance members, are committed to the protection of all children from abuse and exploitation.
Our Commitment to Child Safety:
We want children to be safe, happy and empowered. We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We are committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children and believe that all children have the right to protection from abuse and exploitation, regardless of their gender, race, religious or political beliefs, age, physical or mental health, sexual orientation, family and social background and culture, economic status or criminal background.
We have zero tolerance of child abuse, and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our robust policies and procedures.
We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously.
Our organisation is committed to preventing child abuse and identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
Our organisation has robust human resources and recruitment practices for all staff.
Our organisation is committed to regularly training and educating our staff on child abuse risks.
We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe and inclusive environment for children with a disability.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000 or the emergency call service in your location.
Working with Children Check
It is Playground Idea’s policy that any person affiliated with Playground Ideas who is working with or in close proximity to children obtain a working with children check applicable in the jurisdiction in which they are based. In general, to pass this type of check a criminal history check of the person must not reveal any relevant offences (e.g. serious sexual, violent or drug offences) or adverse professional conduct reports.
Further, in light of our commitment to child safety, we ensure that Playground Ideas and its staff, consultants and contractors (and require that any person who wishes to be a volunteer agrees to):
- • treat all children everywhere with respect, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, social status or political persuasion;
- • refrain from using language or behaviour towards children that is demeaning, harassing, culturally inappropriate or sexually provocative;
- • never engage children in any form of sexual activity or act;
- • interact with children in such a way so as to facilitate transparency and accountability to other adults;
- • appoint teams rather than individuals working alone with unaccompanied children;
- • refrain from physical punishment or discipline of children;
- • not hire children for domestic tasks or other labour inappropriate for their developmental stage, which places them at risk of injury or prevents them from accessing education;
- • comply with all relevant Australian and local legislation, including labour laws in relation to child labour;
- • immediately report and investigate any concerns/allegations of child abuse with appropriate procedures;
- • appropriately use technology around children, including computers, mobile phones, video and cameras, and never engage in exploitative, harassing or pornographic activities;
- • comply with local traditions and cultural expectations when photographing/ filming children;
- • ensure all images present children in a dignified and respectful manner, adequately clothed and not in sexually-suggestive poses;
- • not use images in such a way as to reveal identifying information about the child; and
- • ensure all images are honest representations of the context and facts.
This LIABILITY DISCLAIMER and CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WORDING is offered for support, guidance and advice only and should not be relied upon in place of professional or expert advice. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability with respect to the LIABILITY DISCLAIMER and CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WORDING. Further, Playground Ideas make no representation that this LIABILITY DISCLAIMER and CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WORDING adhere to any safety standards in your country and therefore each project/playground built should be assessed on an individual basis in order to ensure compliance with national safety standards in the applicable country.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event will Playground Ideas be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits or loss of opportunity arising out of or in any way connected with the any person acting or refraining from acting in reliance of the LIABILITY DISCLAIMER and CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE WORDING or for failure to comply with the national safety standards in the applicable country, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise.
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. This means if you use or feature this work in any website, publication, presentation etc, you must clearly attribute/ credit the work to www.playgroundideas.org (but not in any way that suggests that PlaygroundIDEAS endorses you or your use of the work). You may not use this work for commercial purposes without explicit permission. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work but you may create and add new work to the PlaygroundIDEAS design library to share. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/.